POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Bl**dy election (part 2) Server Time
6 Sep 2024 09:15:26 EDT (-0400)
  Bl**dy election (part 2) (Message 116 to 125 of 365)
From: Darren New
Subject: Re: Bl**dy election (part 2)
Date: 2 May 2010 15:35:37
Message: <4bddd409$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
>   Stopping the police from utilizing their resources effectively sounds to
> me a lot like stopping even trying to catch illegal immigrants in practice.

BTW, profiling won't make the stopping of illegal immigrants more efficient.
Actually involving the police only when there's a reason to suspect someone
is an illegal immigrant will make the process more efficient.

What's more efficient? Having 100 police cars driving around looking for
SUVs to stop, to give a breath test to those drivers?  Or having 10 police
cars driving around, looking for *anyone* who is drifting lane to lane or
not maintaining a reasonable speed, then stopping just the people doing
something wrong and seeing if it's because they're drunk?

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)