POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Bl**dy election (part 2) : Re: Bl**dy election (part 2) Server Time
5 Sep 2024 07:21:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Bl**dy election (part 2)
From: Warp
Date: 2 May 2010 15:36:15
Message: <4bddd42f@news.povray.org>
> Warp wrote:
> >   So all other types of criminal profiling are ok, but not profiling based
> > on how someone looks like?

> No. It's not legal to profile anyone before a crime has been committed.

  I don't think that's the case. There are all kinds of typical profiles
of several types of criminals. For example "a serial killer is typically
a white middle-aged male".

> Nobody minds being asked to show proof of citizenship if a crime has been
> committed, or even if a crime *might* have been committed. This law isn't
> that. This law is stopping people just in case maybe a crime has been committed.

  Maybe it's just me, but I really don't see a difference between "might
have been" and "maybe has been"... You probably used poor wording for that.

--
                                                          - Warp