POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : DVD authoring Server Time
4 Sep 2024 09:19:56 EDT (-0400)
  DVD authoring (Message 11 to 20 of 40)
From: Nicolas Alvarez
Subject: Re: DVD authoring
Date: 26 Apr 2010 15:58:14
Message: <4bd5f056@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:
> What do other people use for putting DVDs together?

iDVD on the Mac. Although there's something quite weird...

Macs can play DVDs out of the box. iDVD can create DVDs, transcoding from
whatever format the video is into MPEG2.

Yet Quicktime cannot play MPEG2 files, and iDVD can't create a DVD from a
video that is already in in the correct MPEG2 format, without buying a $20
Quicktime component for MPEG2 decoding. WTF?

So I created the damned DVD using the simplest dvdauthor config file
possible:

<dvdauthor>
  <vmgm />
  <titleset>
    <titles>
      <pgc>
        <vob file="video.MPG" />
      </pgc>
    </titles>
  </titleset>
</dvdauthor>

[cue Darren's rants about XML]

dvdauthor can create menus too, and there are many GUI frontends for it.

Post a reply to this message