POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : DVD authoring : Re: DVD authoring Server Time
4 Sep 2024 11:16:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: DVD authoring
From: Darren New
Date: 26 Apr 2010 16:03:51
Message: <4bd5f1a7$1@news.povray.org>
Nicolas Alvarez wrote:
> Macs can play DVDs out of the box. iDVD can create DVDs, transcoding from
> whatever format the video is into MPEG2.

I'm betting it's still the case that iDVD won't work with a non-Apple DVD
writer. Hence, you've paid the licensing fees when you bought the DVD writer.

At least, that's how it used to work.

> Yet Quicktime cannot play MPEG2 files, and iDVD can't create a DVD from a
> video that is already in in the correct MPEG2 format, without buying a $20
> Quicktime component for MPEG2 decoding. WTF?

You didn't pay the licensing fees for QuickTime yet.

> [cue Darren's rants about XML]

I have no rants in this case. ;-)

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)