POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Baffling Server Time
4 Sep 2024 21:23:46 EDT (-0400)
  Baffling (Message 71 to 80 of 216)
From: Darren New
Subject: Re: Baffling
Date: 26 Apr 2010 13:20:59
Message: <4bd5cb7b$1@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:
> I'm of the opinion that "full price 1080p" shouldn't be that expensive
> in the first place, and we should all be saving up for 4096p or
> something. But I guess that's next year's money draw...

What's the advantage. Your *eyes* only have a limited resolution.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)

From: Darren New
Date: 26 Apr 2010 13:22:53
Message: <4bd5cbed$1@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:
> ...in other words, the entire reason for multiple resolutions existing
> is to extract more money from people.

Alternately, to lower the cost of smaller televisions where 1080p would be
below the resolving power of your eyes anyway.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)