POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Baffling : Re: Baffling Server Time
4 Sep 2024 23:19:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Baffling
From: Darren New
Date: 26 Apr 2010 13:30:20
Message: <4bd5cdac@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:
> I don't mind paying money when I actually get something in return.

You do. You pay less money to get a smaller screen with a lower pixelcount.

> I often wonder why we don't have monitors with 300dpi or 600dpi yet.
> Then the text on screen would be nearly print-quality.

People in the printing business would laugh at you for that statement.
300dpi is barely draft quality. 1200dpi is what you show the clients in
black and white to get their approval before actually printing it.

> (Except that, to this day, changing resolution makes everything come out
> too small. How many managers have you seen turn down the resolution to
> make the text bigger?)

Now you know why 19" screens are 720p.

> (Or are you talking about the HD channels? We only receive SD.)

So you're complaining about the fact that there's a 720p and a 1080p HD
standard (at least in the USA), and you're only getting 512i signals anyway?

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)