POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Context switching Server Time
4 Sep 2024 23:24:28 EDT (-0400)
  Context switching (Message 71 to 80 of 222)
From: Neeum Zawan
Subject: Re: Context switching
Date: 22 Apr 2010 01:27:39
Message: <4bcfde4b@news.povray.org>
On 04/21/10 07:19, Warp wrote:
>   (Yeah yeah, I know, you can do everything you can do in Linux and far more.
> There are all these fancy scripting languages and whatnot, which you might be
> able to use if you install something and something else. Nothing really
> consistent, and always a pain.)

	(aka the "Darren Disclaimer")

--
To call a man an ass is to insult the jackass.  M.Twain

Post a reply to this message

From: Darren New
Date: 22 Apr 2010 01:45:38
Message: <4bcfe282@news.povray.org>
Neeum Zawan wrote:
> On 04/21/10 14:02, Darren New wrote:
>> On the rare occasion I wanted exact byte counts, I used Properties. I
>> find it more annoying that Linux doesn't put thousands-separators in
>> numbers, so when it shows me the size of a 20G file, it takes me lots of
>> staring to figure it out. :-)
>
> 	Umm...I've said this to you lots of times: Use Midnight Commander

I don't want to learn a whole new way of doign things. When I care, I just
do the ls again with -h.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)

From: Darren New
Date: 22 Apr 2010 01:48:44
Message: <4bcfe33c$1@news.povray.org>
Neeum Zawan wrote:
> On 04/21/10 07:19, Warp wrote:
>>   (Yeah yeah, I know, you can do everything you can do in Linux and far more.
>> There are all these fancy scripting languages and whatnot, which you might be
>> able to use if you install something and something else. Nothing really
>> consistent, and always a pain.)
>
> 	(aka the "Darren Disclaimer")

I.e., "I find Windows difficult because it's not made for nerds by nerds, so
to make it as nerdy as Linux, I have to download some free programs and
install them." :-)

<Sound of tiny violins in the background. ;->

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)