POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Context switching : Re: Context switching Server Time
5 Sep 2024 01:24:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Context switching
From: Invisible
Date: 22 Apr 2010 04:14:57
Message: <4bd00581$1@news.povray.org>
>> ...so how do you actually do this then?
>
> That's what the whole COM thing is all about, along with things like
> "Windows Scripting Host" and "Power Shell".

 From what I've seen, you can't touch COM unless you're programming in C
or C++.

Similarly, I thought WSH was just a way of running JavaScript without
having to put it into a web browser? It's news to me that you can
actually do anything new with it.

I have no idea what Power Shell is.

Last time I checked, neither WSH nor Power Shell comes with Windows. You
said "all of this is trivial using only the scripting tools that come
with Windows". So how exactly do you do this then?