POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Disappointing Server Time
4 Sep 2024 09:15:21 EDT (-0400)
  Disappointing (Message 1 to 8 of 8)
From: Orchid XP v8
Subject: Disappointing
Date: 2 Apr 2010 16:10:21
Message: <4bb64f2d$1@news.povray.org>
As some of you may already know, I saw Tangerine Dream live at the Royal
Albert Hall yesterday.

It wasn't nearly as good as I had hoped. I couldn't really hear much in
the way of music, just booming drumbeats and baselines. Almost
everything else was lost in a mash of echos and tinitus. Very disappointing.

I'm not sure if I was just sitting in the wrong place or whether the
performance was actually that bad. The crowd went wild for it, but then
I'm sure crowds went wild for Star Wars I...

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

On 02/04/2010 9:10 PM, Orchid XP v8 wrote:
> As some of you may already know, I saw Tangerine Dream live at the Royal
> Albert Hall yesterday.
>
> It wasn't nearly as good as I had hoped. I couldn't really hear much in
> the way of music, just booming drumbeats and baselines. Almost
> everything else was lost in a mash of echos and tinitus. Very
> disappointing.

being duff. :(

--

Best Regards,
	Stephen

Post a reply to this message

> It wasn't nearly as good as I had hoped. I couldn't really hear much in
> the way of music, just booming drumbeats and baselines. Almost
> everything else was lost in a mash of echos and tinitus. Very
disappointing.

Well, 90% of live events, be it sporting or performance arts, suck, period,
unless you get your enjoyment from crowds and the "ambiance". The other 10%
are tolerable if you are rich or lucky enough to get decent seating.

Post a reply to this message

> I'm not sure if I was just sitting in the wrong place or whether the
> performance was actually that bad. The crowd went wild for it, but then
> I'm sure crowds went wild for Star Wars I...

Just last night, I remarked at how deft "the crowd" at Youtube must have been to
give so many thumbs-up votes to a Morrissey live concert video. The song
probably had well-written lyrics, but lyrics indistinguishable in the horrible
audio quality of the live performance.

Post a reply to this message