POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Disappointing : Re: Disappointing Server Time
4 Sep 2024 07:19:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Disappointing
From: Invisible
Date: 13 Apr 2010 10:06:34
Message: <4bc47a6a$1@news.povray.org>
Stephen wrote:
> On 02/04/2010 9:10 PM, Orchid XP v8 wrote:
>> As some of you may already know, I saw Tangerine Dream live at the Royal
>> Albert Hall yesterday.
>>
>> It wasn't nearly as good as I had hoped. I couldn't really hear much in
>> the way of music, just booming drumbeats and baselines. Almost
>> everything else was lost in a mash of echos and tinitus. Very
>> disappointing.
>>

> being duff. :(

Funny, I've never heard anybody else say a bad word about the acoustics.
(Then again, I haven't met many people who's actually been there.) Also,
I've been to a fair few orchestral events and not noticed a problem.

I guess either I was sitting in the wrong place, or they had their PA
system set up badly...

Also, I now know what a grand piano being flailed by a cat o' nine tails
sounds like. o_O I have literally no idea why they did that.