POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Disappointing : Re: Disappointing Server Time
4 Sep 2024 07:19:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Disappointing
From: Invisible
Date: 13 Apr 2010 11:23:40
Message: <4bc48c7c$1@news.povray.org>
>> Also, I now know what a grand piano being flailed by a cat o' nine tails
>> sounds like. o_O I have literally no idea why they did that.

It's just the warmup. A girl comes out dressed in the least practical
dress *ever*. It was made of transparent plastic and covered with fairy
lights. She had to have a guy in a black suit follow her feeding all the
cables along, and help her sit down at the piano. Then she sits there
playing the piano for a while. Then this weird guy in a cowboy hat comes
out and strokes her hair. Then he goes and stands leaning on the piano.
And then he suddenly pulls this cat o' nine tails out of his jacket and
flogs the piano to bits.

Then the girl gets up and leaves, some stage hands whisk the piano away,
and Tangerine Dream start playing their stuff. Like, WTF was *that* all
about?! I have no idea.

I did recognise some of the stuff they played, but as I say, I couldn't
really hear very well. Almost everything came out as a loud bass boom.