POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : iPad: WTF, Apple? Server Time
4 Sep 2024 11:20:23 EDT (-0400)
  iPad: WTF, Apple? (Message 20 to 29 of 29)
From: Kenneth
Subject: Re: iPad: WTF, Apple?
Date: 5 Apr 2010 14:30:00
Message: <web.4bba2bcfcc250ef265f302820@news.povray.org>

> It used to be fun, when there was new exciting stuff happening. Now it's
> just knee-deep manure you have to wade thru to find what you're looking for.

An excellent way of putting it!  ;-)

Ken

Post a reply to this message

From: Kyle
Date: 6 Apr 2010 07:34:04
Message: <4bbb1c2c$1@news.povray.org>
Saw this video last night on G4 about the iPad, made me laugh...

http://g4tv.com/attackoftheshow/exclusives/70387/Distended-Warrantys-iHate-Therefore-iPad-Music-Video.html

Post a reply to this message

From: Kenneth
Date: 6 Apr 2010 13:05:01
Message: <web.4bbb6897cc250ef265f302820@news.povray.org>
"somebody" <x### [at] ycom> wrote:

> I don't think the elderly fall into the apple fanboy demographics. Apple's
> target audience is pretty much fixed, independent of the product they put
> out. It could be a hearing aid or a diaper, and you'd still get the same
> group of late 20s early 30s yuppies flocking to it.

Hilarious!  I'm still laughing, because it's all *so* true.  (Although, I admit
that Apple's *systems*, whatever they are, are always far easier to use than an
equivalent Windows thing--if there even *is* an equivalent. And less glitchy.
Mainly, I guess, because Apple always keeps the thing as a complete *closed*
proprietary system--with more control over A-to-Z. So even 'the elderly'
probably have an easier time with it, whatever it is.)

With today's ever-increasingly-complex home computer technology, and a resulting
inability to understand it all, the lower age limit of 'those who are completely
lost and clueless' might be getting lower and lower. Soon, only kids will truly
understand what's going on!

There's an old phrase, "That kid is lucky; he was born with a silver spoon in
his mouth." Meaning, rich kids have an easier time in life.  But perhaps that
needs changing in the present environment: replace 'silver spoon' with 'USB
memory stick.' The ability to easily grasp technological change seems far more
important now.

Ken

Post a reply to this message