POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Fast Screencopy? Server Time
4 Sep 2024 09:17:48 EDT (-0400)
  Fast Screencopy? (Message 1 to 7 of 7)
From: TC
Subject: Fast Screencopy?
Date: 24 Mar 2010 16:12:02
Message: <4baa7212@news.povray.org>
Does anybody here know of a really fast and preferably free software
screencopy-utility for windows xp?

Background:

I have a powerpoint presentation that I would like to export to avi (or
whatever video format). There are tools like MS Producer available (OK - in
this special case >was< available - MS shut this down), but they do not
capture the video- and audio-effects properly. Other programs just take the
the complete slide in its final state and "export" this to a video editor.
Well, for something like this I need no "export" program - I would just
hardcopy the screens myself and use a video editor.

I'd like to have a tool that runs in the background, captures video and
audio from screen (audio would be nice, but not necessary), while I click at
the slides to initiate the effects and transitions.

Just an uncompressed series of screenshots at 25 frames/sec (minimum) would
do, too. Reassembly should be no problem. My own attempts using .net are way
too slow. Any ideas or links to libraries for really fast screencopy would
help.

My own attemps via .net and bitblt stop at 5 about fps. Better than Corel
Capture which stops at 1 fps.

So my current solution is to connect the tv-output of the graphics-card to a
videograbber. While this works with 25 fps, the resulting output is quite
low-res and thus the text seems washed out.

Alternatively, an open source tool that easily animates bitmaps and texts
(zoom, blend, rotate & slide around the screen along predefined paths) and
has the ability to export the result to avi would help, too.

I have googled for some time now and tried quite a few programs - no real
success.

Post a reply to this message

> Does anybody here know of a really fast and preferably free software
> screencopy-utility for windows xp?
>
> Background:
>
> I have a powerpoint presentation that I would like to export to avi (or
> whatever video format). There are tools like MS Producer available (OK - in
> this special case >was< available - MS shut this down), but they do not
> capture the video- and audio-effects properly. Other programs just take the
> the complete slide in its final state and "export" this to a video editor.
> Well, for something like this I need no "export" program - I would just
> hardcopy the screens myself and use a video editor.
>
> I'd like to have a tool that runs in the background, captures video and
> audio from screen (audio would be nice, but not necessary), while I click at
> the slides to initiate the effects and transitions.
>
> Just an uncompressed series of screenshots at 25 frames/sec (minimum) would
> do, too. Reassembly should be no problem. My own attempts using .net are way
> too slow. Any ideas or links to libraries for really fast screencopy would
> help.
>
> My own attemps via .net and bitblt stop at 5 about fps. Better than Corel
> Capture which stops at 1 fps.

Got a good result with camstudio, once the codec used was not too big
nor too cpu intensive (made a record at about 20fps, then replayed the
12 minutes at 30fps to reduce the movie to 8minutes).
I did not capture the sound but it was possible.

Just do not ask it to do a flash encoding. Better process the frames in
your video editor.

Otherwise, I got good echo from fraps, but not free.

Post a reply to this message

> Alternatively, an open source tool that easily animates bitmaps and texts
> (zoom, blend, rotate & slide around the screen along predefined paths) and
> has the ability to export the result to avi would help, too.

POV-Ray? xD

Post a reply to this message