POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Fast Screencopy? : Fast Screencopy? Server Time
4 Sep 2024 07:17:02 EDT (-0400)
  Fast Screencopy?
From: TC
Date: 24 Mar 2010 16:12:02
Message: <4baa7212@news.povray.org>
Does anybody here know of a really fast and preferably free software
screencopy-utility for windows xp?

Background:

I have a powerpoint presentation that I would like to export to avi (or
whatever video format). There are tools like MS Producer available (OK - in
this special case >was< available - MS shut this down), but they do not
capture the video- and audio-effects properly. Other programs just take the
the complete slide in its final state and "export" this to a video editor.
Well, for something like this I need no "export" program - I would just
hardcopy the screens myself and use a video editor.

I'd like to have a tool that runs in the background, captures video and
audio from screen (audio would be nice, but not necessary), while I click at
the slides to initiate the effects and transitions.

Just an uncompressed series of screenshots at 25 frames/sec (minimum) would
do, too. Reassembly should be no problem. My own attempts using .net are way
too slow. Any ideas or links to libraries for really fast screencopy would
help.

My own attemps via .net and bitblt stop at 5 about fps. Better than Corel
Capture which stops at 1 fps.

So my current solution is to connect the tv-output of the graphics-card to a
videograbber. While this works with 25 fps, the resulting output is quite
low-res and thus the text seems washed out.

Alternatively, an open source tool that easily animates bitmaps and texts
(zoom, blend, rotate & slide around the screen along predefined paths) and
has the ability to export the result to avi would help, too.

I have googled for some time now and tried quite a few programs - no real
success.