POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Fast Screencopy? : Re: Fast Screencopy? Server Time
4 Sep 2024 07:19:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Fast Screencopy?
From: Le Forgeron
Date: 24 Mar 2010 17:25:58
Message: <4baa8366$1@news.povray.org>
Le 24/03/2010 21:12, TC nous fit lire :
> Does anybody here know of a really fast and preferably free software
> screencopy-utility for windows xp?
>
> Background:
>
> I have a powerpoint presentation that I would like to export to avi (or
> whatever video format). There are tools like MS Producer available (OK - in
> this special case >was< available - MS shut this down), but they do not
> capture the video- and audio-effects properly. Other programs just take the
> the complete slide in its final state and "export" this to a video editor.
> Well, for something like this I need no "export" program - I would just
> hardcopy the screens myself and use a video editor.
>
> I'd like to have a tool that runs in the background, captures video and
> audio from screen (audio would be nice, but not necessary), while I click at
> the slides to initiate the effects and transitions.
>
> Just an uncompressed series of screenshots at 25 frames/sec (minimum) would
> do, too. Reassembly should be no problem. My own attempts using .net are way
> too slow. Any ideas or links to libraries for really fast screencopy would
> help.
>
> My own attemps via .net and bitblt stop at 5 about fps. Better than Corel
> Capture which stops at 1 fps.

Got a good result with camstudio, once the codec used was not too big
nor too cpu intensive (made a record at about 20fps, then replayed the
12 minutes at 30fps to reduce the movie to 8minutes).
I did not capture the sound but it was possible.

Just do not ask it to do a flash encoding. Better process the frames in
your video editor.

Otherwise, I got good echo from fraps, but not free.