POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : HDMI cable confusion/paranoia Server Time
4 Sep 2024 17:19:22 EDT (-0400)
  HDMI cable confusion/paranoia (Message 99 to 108 of 128)
From: Jim Henderson
Subject: Re: HDMI cable confusion/paranoia
Date: 11 Mar 2010 14:02:03
Message: <4b993e2b$1@news.povray.org>
On Thu, 11 Mar 2010 13:20:54 -0500, Warp wrote:

>> I don't know if there's such metadata in the US streams, but there's
>> always a frame or two that is completely black (so I understand) which
>> is used by software that strips commercials from recordings.
>
>   You just have to hope there aren't such black frames in the actual
>   show...

Yes, or deal with them when they show up.

Jim

Post a reply to this message

From: Jim Henderson
Date: 11 Mar 2010 14:03:15
Message: <4b993e73$1@news.povray.org>
On Thu, 11 Mar 2010 13:48:59 -0500, nemesis wrote:

>> At least here in the US, the programmes are secondary - the whole point
>> of commercial television is the commercials - that's where the
>> broadcasters make their money.
>>
>> The shows are what draws people to watch.
>
> BTW, once upon a time cable TV was supposed to be free of ads because
> you were directly paying for the shows.  Somehow, that plan didn't work
> out...

Yeah; I was watching Damages yesterday and had to laugh - there's a
"warning" for "mature content" because of "strong language" - it's OK if
the strong language is transmitted over a wire, but not if it's
"airborne", apparently.

The FCC is a weird organisation at times.

Jim

Post a reply to this message