POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : HDMI cable confusion/paranoia : Re: HDMI cable confusion/paranoia Server Time
4 Sep 2024 19:19:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: HDMI cable confusion/paranoia
From: scott
Date: 12 Mar 2010 04:25:24
Message: <4b9a0884$1@news.povray.org>
> Really? Interesting. Obviously I've never tried this [I don't have a
> house, after all], but people who do have told me that basically if you
> say you don't have a TV, they won't believe you and will demand that you
> pay a license anyway.

What they probably meant is they didn't bother to inform them they didn't
have a TV, and kept receiving the reminder letters to pay.  Either way they
are going to come and check your house at some point (they have a list of
households with no valid TV license).

> What do you mean "your" IP? I don't know about you, but my IP address
> appears to change every 24 hours...

And I don't know about your ISP, but mine keeps a log of who had what IP.
No idea if the TV licensing people are allowed to get this information or
not.  If not they have other ways to check if you're watching live TV (like
correlating the small lighting changes visible from your windows at night
with the broadcast signal - yes they do that).