POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : HDMI cable confusion/paranoia Server Time
4 Sep 2024 21:23:12 EDT (-0400)
  HDMI cable confusion/paranoia (Message 51 to 60 of 128)
From: nemesis
Subject: Re: There is no spoon
Date: 7 Mar 2010 22:40:01
Message: <web.4b94716adc4ab097b0d02ed10@news.povray.org>
> nemesis wrote:
> > and that's a very old movie, with blurry images by default!
>
> Yeah, it really doesn't help to watch something recorded when color film was
> new and amazing on blu-ray.
>
> Do the same comparison with something like Batman.

I don't have Batman at hand, but I did provide a link to a reasonably modern
Pixar movie:

http://www.pixartalk.com/2009/06/17/the-blu-ray-difference-with-pixar/

like, DVD:
http://www.pixartalk.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/dvdcar.jpg
and bluray:
http://www.pixartalk.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/bdcar.jpg

> And remember that DVD is significantly better than VHS and (most) broadcast,
> while HDTV has only compression artifaacts to worry about.

artifacts may be the bane of digital broadcast transmission, but from local
media, like DVD or BD, there's not much to worry about.

Post a reply to this message