POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : HDMI cable confusion/paranoia : Re: There is no spoon Server Time
4 Sep 2024 23:22:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: There is no spoon
From: nemesis
Date: 7 Mar 2010 22:40:01
Message: <web.4b94716adc4ab097b0d02ed10@news.povray.org>
> nemesis wrote:
> > and that's a very old movie, with blurry images by default!
>
> Yeah, it really doesn't help to watch something recorded when color film was
> new and amazing on blu-ray.
>
> Do the same comparison with something like Batman.

I don't have Batman at hand, but I did provide a link to a reasonably modern
Pixar movie:

http://www.pixartalk.com/2009/06/17/the-blu-ray-difference-with-pixar/

like, DVD:
http://www.pixartalk.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/dvdcar.jpg
and bluray:
http://www.pixartalk.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/bdcar.jpg

> And remember that DVD is significantly better than VHS and (most) broadcast,
> while HDTV has only compression artifaacts to worry about.

artifacts may be the bane of digital broadcast transmission, but from local
media, like DVD or BD, there's not much to worry about.