POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : HDMI cable confusion/paranoia : Re: There is no spoon Server Time
4 Sep 2024 23:21:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: There is no spoon
From: Darren New
Date: 8 Mar 2010 00:50:39
Message: <4b94902f$1@news.povray.org>
nemesis wrote:
> artifacts may be the bane of digital broadcast transmission, but from local
> media, like DVD or BD, there's not much to worry about.

Agreed. Especially since, really, people *do* notice it and complain. For
about six months stuff was over-compressed. Now people have complained and
the signal has been cleaned up a bunch, at least around here.

It's usually just the fast motion where you notice, like the background
while the camera follows the sports player. If you're not looking for it,
you almost never notice it. Altho I do remember one or two explosions on DVD
where you could see the blockiness.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   The question in today's corporate environment is not