POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : HDMI cable confusion/paranoia Server Time
5 Sep 2024 03:25:06 EDT (-0400)
  HDMI cable confusion/paranoia (Message 49 to 58 of 128)
From: nemesis
Subject: Re: There is no spoon
Date: 7 Mar 2010 20:20:01
Message: <web.4b944f9adc4ab097b0d02ed10@news.povray.org>
"nemesis" <nam### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> hey, how about paying a visit to your ophthalmologist? :D

BTW, here's a spot on comparison I caught from another forum.

DVD shot, upscaled to 1080p:
http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u98/adzez/Gone%20With%20The%20Wind/4ac8c10f.png

Bluray:
http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u98/adzez/Gone%20With%20The%20Wind/03a3bde1.png

guess for someone calling Mozart bland it's all equally blurry, but I can see
details of the dress, faces and background foliage in bluray HD glory. :)

and that's a very old movie, with blurry images by default!  The difference is
much more pronounced in the crisp images of modern movies like, say, Pixar
movies:

http://www.pixartalk.com/2009/06/17/the-blu-ray-difference-with-pixar/

Post a reply to this message