POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : More failure Server Time
4 Sep 2024 13:18:48 EDT (-0400)
  More failure (Message 1 to 10 of 59)
From: Invisible
Subject: More failure
Date: 23 Feb 2010 06:24:38
Message: <4b83baf6$1@news.povray.org>
...and now let's try that again, without the 3-page psychotic episode at
the end...

It seems the job I've been pinning all my hopes on isn't going to
materialise after all. For reasons unknown, the agency isn't going to
put my CV forward. I can only assume I was too greedy and asked for too
much money.

At this point, I'm pretty upset and frustrated. I'm left once again
wondering just what the hell I need to do to even reach the interview stage.

Given the spectacular lack of available job vacancies, I guess I'm going
to have to try something more drastic. So far I've held off applying to
the likes of Google because 1) I'd have to move to London, and 2) I
don't stand a snowball's change in hell. But I'm running out of options
here, so...

Post a reply to this message

> It seems the job I've been pinning all my hopes on isn't going to
> materialise after all. For reasons unknown, the agency isn't going to put
> my CV forward. I can only assume I was too greedy and asked for too much
> money.

Why don't you ask them? 28K for someone with a degree and 7 years experience
is not too much IMO.

> Given the spectacular lack of available job vacancies, I guess I'm going
> to have to try something more drastic. So far I've held off applying to
> the likes of Google because 1) I'd have to move to London,

If you only want to work in one particular location in the country then you
just have to wait until something comes up, and then you probably won't even
get an interview (it's unrealistic to expect an interview for every job you
apply for).  Obviously if you are willing to relocate to another part of the
country that opens up a massive number of new opportunities, you will surely
find a new job much quicker.

Post a reply to this message