POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : I got it! w00t! Server Time
4 Sep 2024 15:20:36 EDT (-0400)
  I got it! w00t! (Message 32 to 41 of 41)
From: Dre
Subject: Re: I got it! w00t!
Date: 23 Feb 2010 22:14:51
Message: <4b8499ab$1@news.povray.org>
news:4b7eaac9$1@news.povray.org...
>>> Don't worry about it.
>>
>> As if you had any right to complain.  LOL!
>
> Actually I was speaking from experience. ;-)
>
>>> I'm loving the arbitrary mixture of Celsius and Farenheit.
>>
>> I actually noticed that when I typed it up.  CPU temps, I think about C,
>> but ambient/room temps, I think of F.  I guess that's how we Americans
>> are... Perhaps I should also mention that the CPU cooler is about 6
>> inches high, leaving my case with only about 1 cm of clearance.  ;-)
>
> I guess we won't even get into the whole craziness that I know that I'm 6
> feet 2 inches tall, but I have no idea how many meters that is. Or that
> they sell petrol in litres, but all cars measure fuel in gallons...
<snip>
Unless of course you live in Australia where cars measure fuel in litres...

Cheers Dre

Post a reply to this message

From: Charles C
Date: 24 Feb 2010 00:20:01
Message: <web.4b84b6fef59b55cecac4259f0@news.povray.org>
"scott" <sco### [at] scottcom> wrote:
> >> Why would you want to put a certain number of gallons into your car?
> >
> > Because I don't have to keep track of prices.
> >
> > My car is half full. I want it near full.
>
> Yeh but why would anyone want to do that?  I can understand asking for
> "full" or for $10 worth, but why would anyone want to ask for 2 gallons?

Yes, exactly - which is why almost nobody asks for fuel by volume, which
probably means if you're a gas station attendant and somebody drives up in a car
and asks you for "ten gallons of regular", they probably *really* meant $10
worth."  Plus it probably doesn't help that you've been hearing repetitively
similar phrases all day long.

Charles

Post a reply to this message