POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : I got it! w00t! : Re: I got it! w00t! Server Time
4 Sep 2024 17:24:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: I got it! w00t!
From: Invisible
Date: 24 Feb 2010 05:18:16
Message: <4b84fce8$1@news.povray.org>
>> What *I* don't understand is those 1-litre petrol cans. I mean, how far
>> can you possibly drive with 1 L of fuel??
>
> My 5.7 litre V8 ute will do about 10k on a litre of fuel if I dont drive it
> like I stole it...

According to Wolfram Alpha, a "gallon", depending on which one you mean,
is somewhere between 3 L and 4 L. (I actually thought it was more like
25 L, but apparently not.)

My new car gets about 35 miles/gallon, which works out to about 9
miles/litre.

So I guess, hypothetically, you can drive 9 miles. (Obviously the real
distance will be shorter than that, because it takes fuel to start the
engine, and once the tank is nearly empty the engine stops working.)

9 miles is in fact about 14 Km.

I just wonder why they don't make 2 L or even 5 L petrol cans. I presume
it's to do with fire safety or something...