POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : I got it! w00t! Server Time
4 Sep 2024 19:17:05 EDT (-0400)
  I got it! w00t! (Message 12 to 21 of 41)
From: Charles C
Subject: Re: I got it! w00t!
Date: 21 Feb 2010 02:50:01
Message: <web.4b80e4a0f59b55cecac4259f0@news.povray.org>
Stephen <mca### [at] aolDOTcom> wrote:
> Don't your fuel pumps have a counter for volume and one for total price?

They do...
Charles

Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen
Date: 21 Feb 2010 04:00:57
Message: <4b80f649@news.povray.org>
Charles C wrote:
> Stephen <mca### [at] aolDOTcom> wrote:
>> Don't your fuel pumps have a counter for volume and one for total price?

expensive car, has a MPG readout that will also tell you (in miles) how
far you can drive before the tank is empty.

--

Best Regards,
	Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: Darren New
Date: 21 Feb 2010 13:08:03
Message: <4b817683$1@news.povray.org>
Charles C wrote:
>> Charles C wrote:
>>> People get confused if you ever try asking for a certain number of gallons
>> That must be pretty brain-damaged. I could handle that much when I was 12 or so.
>

> Try it.  (Adding emphasis on the word "gallons" would be cheating.)

I'm not sure what you mean. What do you think "I could handle that at 12"
means if not that I handled it at 12?  My dad owned a service station.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   The question in today's corporate environment is not

Post a reply to this message

> > Darren New <dne### [at] sanrrcom> wrote:
> >> That must be pretty brain-damaged. I could handle that much when I was 12 or so.
> >

> > Try it.  (Adding emphasis on the word "gallons" would be cheating.)
>
> I'm not sure what you mean. What do you think "I could handle that at 12"
> means if not that I handled it at 12?  My dad owned a service station.
>
> --
> Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
>    The question in today's corporate environment is not
>    so much "what color is your parachute?" as it is
>    "what color is your nose?"

I didn't make that inference. By "I could handle that at 12" I thought you meant
you could fulfill such a request at age 12, not that you necessarily had a
reason to.

By "try it" I meant try asking for some number of gallons and see how the gas
station attendant responds.  I didn't mean fuel people's cars ;)

I suppose I've only requested fuel into a car's tank by volume a couple of
times.  The first time, I got "x" dollars worth of fuel rather than "x" gallons
of fuel.  The second time I made it very clear that I wanted "x" gallons and was
told they could only punch in a dollar amount. (..which yes, is easy to
calculate.)

Charles

PS, sorry, I didn't mean to rat-hole on this.

Post a reply to this message