POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : I got it! w00t! : Re: I got it! w00t! Server Time
4 Sep 2024 17:17:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: I got it! w00t!
From: Charles C
Date: 22 Feb 2010 00:35:01
Message: <web.4b8216dff59b55cecac4259f0@news.povray.org>
> Charles C wrote:
> > Darren New <dne### [at] sanrrcom> wrote:
> >> That must be pretty brain-damaged. I could handle that much when I was 12 or so.
> >

> > Try it.  (Adding emphasis on the word "gallons" would be cheating.)
>
> I'm not sure what you mean. What do you think "I could handle that at 12"
> means if not that I handled it at 12?  My dad owned a service station.
>
> --
> Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
>    The question in today's corporate environment is not
>    so much "what color is your parachute?" as it is
>    "what color is your nose?"

I didn't make that inference. By "I could handle that at 12" I thought you meant
you could fulfill such a request at age 12, not that you necessarily had a
reason to.

By "try it" I meant try asking for some number of gallons and see how the gas
station attendant responds.  I didn't mean fuel people's cars ;)

I suppose I've only requested fuel into a car's tank by volume a couple of
times.  The first time, I got "x" dollars worth of fuel rather than "x" gallons
of fuel.  The second time I made it very clear that I wanted "x" gallons and was
told they could only punch in a dollar amount. (..which yes, is easy to
calculate.)

Charles

PS, sorry, I didn't mean to rat-hole on this.