POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : New car Server Time
5 Sep 2024 19:26:58 EDT (-0400)
  New car (Message 45 to 54 of 184)
From: scott
Subject: Re: New car
Date: 3 Feb 2010 04:57:18
Message: <4b69487e$1@news.povray.org>
> (The question I got wrong was related to stopping distances. Face it, do
> *you* know whether the quoted stopping distance at 70 MPH is 310 yards or
> 320 yards?

Oh come on, you mean you didn't simply memorise the deacceleration they were
assuming, then used a constant acceleration formula in the test to work it
out? :-)

> Because I have absolutely no clue. I also have no clue how far 320 yards
> *is* in the first place, so it seems kind of moot to me...)

About the distance between the "///" 300 metre exit marker and the actual
exit itself on the motorway.  BTW most modern cars can stop from 70 mph in
well under 100 metres, but they seem to have not updated the test answers in
50 years to account for this.

Post a reply to this message