POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : New car : Re: New car Server Time
5 Sep 2024 01:23:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New car
From: Invisible
Date: 3 Feb 2010 06:08:45
Message: <4b69593d$1@news.povray.org>
scott wrote:
>> However... is it a 2.0 T 16V or a 2.0 VVT?
>>
>> The documentation from the shop says it's the VVT. The stickers on the
>> car itself just say "2.0 16V".
>
> The VVT probably has 16V too.

This is the problem.

> If you have the turbo you'd probably be
> able to hear it, speed up to about 3000 rpm in 2nd or 3rd gear, then
> take your foot off the throttle, you should be able to hear it making a
> faint high pitch whining noise.

One of the most striking things about this car is that it's quiet to the
point that you can barely tell whether the engine is actually running at
all.

 From what I've seen, if a car has turbo, it constantly makes that
annoying whistling sound. Also, if you floor it, nothing happens for 4
seconds, and *then* it takes off like a rocket.

Neither of these things appear to be the case with my car. (Not that
I've actually tried driving it fast. I'm too busy constantly changing
gears to concentrate on the road...)