POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : New car Server Time
5 Sep 2024 23:12:28 EDT (-0400)
  New car (Message 161 to 170 of 184)
From: Invisible
Subject: Re: New car
Date: 8 Feb 2010 04:23:51
Message: <4b6fd827@news.povray.org>
>> I *was* going to buy a Mazda RX8. Almost the same price. [Obviously both
>> are second-hand.] It has a 3.0 L Wankel engine, agressive styling,
>> bucket seats, the whole lot.
>>
>> ...but then I took it for a test drive. Man, it JUST DOESN'T MOVE!
>
> You could have tried pressing the gas pedal, you know?

I tried that. Nothing seems to happen. The car just feels heavy and slow.

> The thing about
> wankel is that it constantly rotates in just one direction

I'm pretty sure normal engines rotate in only one direction too. ;-)
Perhaps you ment there's no reciprocol motion?

>> Well maybe it just *looked* 30 years old then. It was really, really
>> rusty. (But then, it was a Land Rover.) For example, there was a hole
>> under the accelerator pedal where you can watch the road go past below.
>
> Well yes, Land rover has incredibly traditional look and all, also it
> one of the toughest (if not The toughest) cars ever done - they just
> keep running.

IME, the Land Rover can go places where other "off road" vehicles can't,
which is impressive. But IT IS NOT RELIABLE. They break down constantly.
(The again, I've only ever seen ancient ones...)

Post a reply to this message