POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Bad journalism Server Time
4 Sep 2024 15:16:16 EDT (-0400)
  Bad journalism (Message 1 to 10 of 59)
From: Neeum Zawan
Subject: Bad journalism
Date: 29 Jan 2010 14:20:30
Message: <4b6334fe$1@news.povray.org>
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/01/14/nyregion/14fire.html?adxnnl=1&adxnnlx=1264791670-GxVD+sfKjvw04Ji/zop/fQ

	It fails to explain how exactly the test discriminated. I looked at
some other articles, and none gives any detail whatsoever.

--
CONgress (n) - Opposite of PROgress

Post a reply to this message

From: Warp
Subject: Re: Bad journalism
Date: 29 Jan 2010 14:46:08
Message: <4b633b00@news.povray.org>
Neeum Zawan <m.n### [at] ieeeorg> wrote:

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/01/14/nyregion/14fire.html?adxnnl=1&adxnnlx=1264791670-GxVD+sfKjvw04Ji/zop/fQ

>         It fails to explain how exactly the test discriminated. I looked at
> some other articles, and none gives any detail whatsoever.

  It's puzzling indeed. I'm trying to think how you could create an exam
which would be disadvantageous to black people, and I can't think of anything.
How could one possibly make a test disadvantageous to people with a certain
skin tone? I just can't fathom it.

  (I'm assuming that all applicants are given the exact same test, as the
article doesn't seem to imply anything else. Thus I cannot even imagine
how the suitability of the exact same test could depend on skin tone.)

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message