POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Why we have juries Server Time
5 Sep 2024 01:24:29 EDT (-0400)
  Why we have juries (Message 51 to 60 of 100)
From: Darren New
Subject: Re: Why we have juries
Date: 27 Jan 2010 23:55:49
Message: <4b6118d5@news.povray.org>
Neeum Zawan wrote:
> On 01/27/10 18:49, Darren New wrote:
>> Neeum Zawan wrote:
>>>     Little known fact (little known to Americans, even): In the US, when
>>> you're questioned (but not detained/charged), you're not entitled to
>>> having a lawyer present. You're entitled to refuse to answer, though.
>> And you're free to leave if you're not being detained. :-)
>
> 	Well, yes. That's what I meant by "refuse to answer".

Well, you can *always* refuse to answer. The only question is whether they
get to hold you there until you do. :-)

Even if you're in handcuffs behind bars in an orange jumpsuit, you can still
refuse to answer.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   Forget "focus follows mouse." When do

Post a reply to this message

>>> And you're free to leave if you're not being detained. :-)
>>
>>     Well, yes. That's what I meant by "refuse to answer".
>
> Well, you can *always* refuse to answer. The only question is whether
> they get to hold you there until you do. :-)
>
> Even if you're in handcuffs behind bars in an orange jumpsuit, you can
> still refuse to answer.

	I meant legally.

	I'd make analogies on how we don't say stuff like "I can walk into a
store and eat some food without paying for it", but I guess this topic
is rife with misunderstandings...

--
"Once again, Mr. Cutlet fulfilled the sacred oath of the public
educator: To take an inherently fun activity, and sap it of every ounce

Post a reply to this message