POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Why we have juries : Re: Why we have juries Server Time
5 Sep 2024 03:24:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Why we have juries
From: Neeum Zawan
Date: 28 Jan 2010 01:24:41
Message: <4b612da9@news.povray.org>
On 01/27/10 20:55, Darren New wrote:
> Neeum Zawan wrote:
>>> And you're free to leave if you're not being detained. :-)
>>
>>     Well, yes. That's what I meant by "refuse to answer".
>
> Well, you can *always* refuse to answer. The only question is whether
> they get to hold you there until you do. :-)
>
> Even if you're in handcuffs behind bars in an orange jumpsuit, you can
> still refuse to answer.

	I meant legally.

	I'd make analogies on how we don't say stuff like "I can walk into a
store and eat some food without paying for it", but I guess this topic
is rife with misunderstandings...

--
"Once again, Mr. Cutlet fulfilled the sacred oath of the public
educator: To take an inherently fun activity, and sap it of every ounce