POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Interesting interview questions Server Time
4 Sep 2024 17:22:59 EDT (-0400)
  Interesting interview questions (Message 11 to 20 of 63)
From: Orchid XP v8
Subject: Re: Interesting interview questions
Date: 20 Jan 2010 14:45:42
Message: <4b575d66$1@news.povray.org>
>> At this point, they figured out how the device actually works. It
>> isn't an oscilator, it's a radio receiver.
>
> Interesting. I read about that, or something similar, where the device
> had a block of four or five transitors wired together but not connected
> to anything else. When they removed the transistors, it stopped working.
>
> I wonder if it's the same device.

That does, in fact, sound vaguely familiar...

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

From: Jim Henderson
Date: 20 Jan 2010 18:13:15
Message: <4b578e0b$1@news.povray.org>
On Wed, 20 Jan 2010 08:56:25 +0100, scott wrote:

> http://www.glassdoor.com/blog/top-oddball-interview-questions-2009
>
> A lot of them seem like genuinely useful questions to ask candidates,
> one of our lecturers at University would regularly ask us questions like
> #7, 11 or 19 - it's interesting to see what assumptions and reasoning
> people make to get an estimate.

I agree that some do see useful.  I like #19, probably partly because I
know how I'd answer:  "Roughly one per space where a light bulb can be
fitted to the fixture."  (This would allow for some of the fixtures to be
empty).

Jim

Post a reply to this message