POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Interesting interview questions : Re: Interesting interview questions Server Time
4 Sep 2024 19:22:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Interesting interview questions
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 20 Jan 2010 18:19:25
Message: <4b578f7d$1@news.povray.org>
On Wed, 20 Jan 2010 09:15:50 -0500, Warp wrote:

>   However, from a practical point of view those pragmatic answers are
> much, much better than any convoluted answer you could come up with.
> Why? Because if you come up with a convoluted answer it shows that you
> tend to come up with convoluted solutions to simple problems, rather
> than doing the practical thing and just consult a manual or other source
> which *already* knows the answer, which would be the best thing to do in
> a practical situation in the job.

Except that often times in the real world the answers aren't so
straightforward, and some creativity is being figured.  The answer to the
question isn't important, it's how you got there.  I do agree that on
their own they're not useful, but in conjunction with other questions
(both "interesting" questions and "non-interesting" questions) can tell a
lot about the candidate.

Jim