POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Interesting interview questions : Re: Interesting interview questions Server Time
4 Sep 2024 19:24:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Interesting interview questions
From: Darren New
Date: 20 Jan 2010 19:33:45
Message: <4b57a0e9@news.povray.org>
scott wrote:
> http://www.glassdoor.com/blog/top-oddball-interview-questions-2009

As for delightfully fun puzzles I got at an interview, I got this one:

You have an infinitely long line. Two robots are dropped on parachutes onto
the line at random, and each drops its parachute (leaving it behind) where
it lands. Your task is to crash the two robots into each other.

Each robot runs the identical program starting at the beginning, and the
parachutes are identical, and they are in all ways identical other than
where they land, which is random.

You have the following instructions available for programming the robots:

Move the robot one step left.

Move the robot one step right.

Move the instruction pointer to a particular instruction (i.e., "goto")

Skip the following instruction if you're standing on a parachute.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   Forget "focus follows mouse." When do