POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : BIGNUMs for Andrew Server Time
4 Sep 2024 17:24:08 EDT (-0400)
  BIGNUMs for Andrew (Message 5 to 14 of 14)
From: nemesis
Subject: Re: BIGNUMs for Andrew
Date: 17 Jan 2010 13:49:06
Message: <4b535ba2@news.povray.org>
andrel wrote:
> On 17-1-2010 16:12, Doctor John wrote:
>> andrel wrote:
>>> I particularly like it that they used a ray-tracer to produce figure 1.
>>
>> I hadn't actually noticed that ...
>>
>> <checking>
>>
>> ...you're joking, aren't you?
>
> I don't think you can create such graphics with an ordinary package like
> Excel or SPSS. So, yes I might be.

I don't get your sense of humor, but I guess the reciprocal is true. :P

in any case, it looks more like a scan from a manually-drawn chart than
something generated on PC.

Post a reply to this message

From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 17 Jan 2010 13:50:49
Message: <4b535c09$1@news.povray.org>
Doctor John wrote:

> See http://eprint.iacr.org/2010/006.pdf for details of the method

*wooosh*

That was the sound of most of the paper flying straight over my head.

About the only thing I _did_ understand is that whoever these people
are, they somehow have access to some pretty futuristic computer
hardware. o_O

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

> About the only thing I _did_ understand is that whoever these people
> are, they somehow have access to some pretty futuristic computer
> hardware. o_O

good thing it is researchers spending two years and a half of many
hundreds of machines rather than thieves. ^^;

Post a reply to this message

>> I particularly like it that they used a ray-tracer to produce figure 1.
>
> I hadn't actually noticed that ...
>
> <checking>
>
> ...you're joking, aren't you?

Hahaha wtf?