POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Dimensions Server Time
5 Sep 2024 05:25:45 EDT (-0400)
  Dimensions (Message 46 to 55 of 105)
From: Invisible
Subject: Re: Dimensions
Date: 13 Jan 2010 04:50:13
Message: <4b4d9755$1@news.povray.org>
scott wrote:

> Aren't all cars upgradeable with just software nowadays?  In my car the
> "1.6L", "1.8L", "2.0L" and "2.3L" versions all actually have exactly the
> same engine.  You are just choosing whether you want the 116, 143, 177
> or 204 BHP software installed when you buy it :-)

Erm... 1.6L means that the engine block has a displacement of 1.6L,
while 2.3L means that the displacement is 2.3L - i.e., the cylinders are
physically bigger.

The Real WTF of course is that displacement is not directly related to
power output in the first place...

Post a reply to this message

> Would you run that past me again, in English? :-)

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'milnerhindley.png' (78 KB)

Preview of image 'milnerhindley.png'
milnerhindley.png

>> Would you run that past me again, in English? :-)

The bit where it says take away the number you first thought of.

Nice one BTW :D

--

Best Regards,
	Stephen

Post a reply to this message

Heh. Somebody had this printed on a T-shirt [as you can probably tell].
I just copied the image file. ;-)

That's apparently the Milner-Hindley type inference algorithm. But whatever.

Post a reply to this message

> Heh. Somebody had this printed on a T-shirt [as you can probably tell].
> I just copied the image file. ;-)
>
> That's apparently the Milner-Hindley type inference algorithm. But
> whatever.

That's what the file name says :D

--

Best Regards,