POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Project Blender Server Time
5 Sep 2024 07:26:34 EDT (-0400)
  Project Blender (Message 61 to 70 of 78)
<<< Previous 10 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 8 Messages >>>
From: Orchid XP v8
Subject: Re: Project Blender
Date: 18 Dec 2009 16:34:24
Message: <4b2bf560$1@news.povray.org>
Darren New wrote:

> There are several things VI does (and always has) that bug me, but if
> anyone changed it, I'd be completely screwed, because I've trained
> myself to avoid the problem. (Sort of like what would happen if you put
> the control key back where it belongs at this point.)

Heh. Kind of like the Java code that's *designed* to work around the
bugs in the standard APIs, and actually breaks if Sun fixed them...

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

From: Nicolas Alvarez
Date: 18 Dec 2009 16:35:33
Message: <4b2bf5a5$1@news.povray.org>
Darren New wrote:
> nemesis wrote:
>> Darren New escreveu:
>>> just said the UI is hard to learn and to remember, which I think
>>> you'll find most people agree with. In part because it *does* do so
>>> much.
>>
>> Yeah, but I was just pointing out there's some easily remembered
>> mnemonics to go with each keycombo.
>
> Sure.  But you have to remember the mnemonics.  Unlike, say, arrow keys,
> which need no mnemonic to remember which is which.  And they're not all
> mnemonics, either, which also makes it difficult.

Then buy an Optimus keyboard. I'm sure someone must have made a Blender
layout for it. :)

Post a reply to this message