POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Project Blender : Re: Project Blender Server Time
8 Oct 2024 16:05:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Project Blender
From: Darren New
Date: 18 Dec 2009 16:47:50
Message: <4b2bf886$1@news.povray.org>
Orchid XP v8 wrote:
> Heh. Kind of like the Java code that's *designed* to work around the
> bugs in the standard APIs, and actually breaks if Sun fixed them...

Yep, that's exactly the why you can talk all you want about "upward
compatible changes" and how to write version numbers and all that, and it's
still not going to work. Hence MS's "side by side" stuff.

In particular, in vi, moving the cursor left after you insert something is
*wrong* but also the sort of thing that I've found breaks my fingers in the
version I found where they'd "fixed" that.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)