POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Christmas Tradition Server Time
8 Oct 2024 19:17:23 EDT (-0400)
  Christmas Tradition (Message 34 to 43 of 83)
From: nemesis
Subject: Re: Christmas Tradition
Date: 12 Dec 2009 16:25:01
Message: <web.4b2408fbe968d41aa285d7b40@news.povray.org>
Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote:
>   Sometimes misusing quotes can result in rather hilarious, albeit unintended,
> meanings. http://adamcadre.ac/images/topa4.jpg

haha, Adam Cadre used to be a great interactive fiction writer.

Post a reply to this message

From: gregjohn
Date: 12 Dec 2009 16:50:00
Message: <web.4b240f74e968d41a34d207310@news.povray.org>
Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote:
>   Compare that to the situation where, in Windows, you don't have any software
> to create mp3 files and you want to get one.

With both systems it's equally easy to get freeware on a whim's notice. The
difference is that in windows you get it from a site with flashing porn ads and
malware, and then your brower starts doing something realllly funky the minute
you leave the site.

Post a reply to this message

>>   Compare that to the situation where, in Windows, you don't have any software
>> to create mp3 files and you want to get one.
>
> With both systems it's equally easy to get freeware on a whim's notice. The
> difference is that in windows you get it from a site with flashing porn ads and
> malware, and then your brower starts doing something realllly funky the minute
> you leave the site.

Hehe. Yeah, well, I guess it depends which sites you try to get the
software from. And whether you use IE or something else...

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/