POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Christmas Tradition : Re: Christmas Tradition Server Time
5 Sep 2024 03:23:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Christmas Tradition
From: Darren New
Date: 12 Dec 2009 19:23:31
Message: <4b243403$1@news.povray.org>
Stephen wrote:
> Thanks for the advice, I might just do that when this contract finishes.

It's what Warp recommended to me when I needed to set up several dozen
machines around the country, and it was pretty darn easy to administer.

It made the sysadmin annoyed, because apparently things are in somewhat
weird places or something, so if you want to do something like bind two
ethernet connectors so it uses both but falls over to the working one when
one fails, it takes more work than with (say) red hat. But for a desktop? Go
for it.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)