POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : VMware Server Time
5 Sep 2024 03:24:07 EDT (-0400)
  VMware (Message 30 to 39 of 69)
From: Jim Henderson
Subject: Re: VMware
Date: 11 Dec 2009 17:05:12
Message: <4b22c218$1@news.povray.org>
On Fri, 11 Dec 2009 19:36:42 +0000, Orchid XP v8 wrote:

>> Why is that a problem?
>
> I dislike having to "register" to get my hands on supposedly "free"
> software.

mailinator.com - throwaway email addresses.

Jim

Post a reply to this message

From: Darren New
Date: 11 Dec 2009 18:10:07
Message: <4b22d14f$1@news.povray.org>
Nicolas Alvarez wrote:
> There is a Windows program that uses just that technique.

You can do it by either writing a big file full of zeros yourself, or using
the disk-defrag interface to manually put a block of zeros at each free spot
on the disk, which is what cipher /w does.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)