POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : VMware : Re: Office 2007 Server Time
5 Sep 2024 03:20:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Office 2007
From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 12 Dec 2009 10:07:26
Message: <4b23b1ae@news.povray.org>
Tim Cook wrote:
> Semiunrelated...
>
> OMG thank heavens for autosave.  Even when your spreadsheet is to
> corrupted for Excel to recover, it falls back to the most recent
> autosave.  Instead of, say, the last time you remembered to actually save.
>
> More programs should have this feature.  :P

I'm trying to remember a single instance in history when Excel has eaten
one of my spreadsheets...

(Remember: I'm a maths nerd. I actually use Excel with some frequency.)

I think the only time was when I was running Windows 3.1 on a 286 with
16MB of RAM, and I asked it to print out a 3D Mandelbrot graph I created
using VBA... That choked it.

Word, on the other hand, is legendary for eating your documents. Indeed,
the main reason I'm even trying out 2007 is to see if it can uncorrupt
three important documents that died this week.

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/