POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Switzerland & minarets Server Time
4 Sep 2024 15:20:01 EDT (-0400)
  Switzerland & minarets (Message 1 to 10 of 92)
From: Stefan Viljoen
Subject: Switzerland & minarets
Date: 2 Dec 2009 11:48:20
Message: <4b169a54@news.povray.org>
I see the Swiss apparently voted 57% "nay" on this.

And the entire world seems to want to take a crap on them about it...  but
it seems like one of the very few times Europeans have stood up to a demand
from the Islamic populace in a European country, instead of rolling over.

But heck, last night's "Inside Story" on Al-Jazeera was a hoot! (+- 1700 to
1800 GMT)

Could it be because the Islamic population is small compared to the native
Swiss (they can thusly cause less trouble than in, for example, France) and
the Swiss electorate took this into consideration, or could it be that the
Swiss just refuse to realize which way the smoke is blowing in Europe?
--
Stefan Viljoen

Post a reply to this message

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plyS8sIUjmQ