POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Switzerland & minarets : Re: Switzerland & minarets Server Time
4 Sep 2024 17:18:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Switzerland & minarets
From: Darren New
Date: 2 Dec 2009 13:54:02
Message: <4b16b7ca$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
>   Democracy and freedom of speech are a bad thing because it allows people
> to cast the "wrong" votes and express the "wrong" opinions.

I was on vacation once, and the tour guide mentioned the country had an
election, but the wrong people won, so they were having another right away.
(This was Switzerland, if I remember, but it might have been a reference to
some other european country that the guide was talking about.)

That seemed very wrong to me, coming from the USA where we have a
constitution saying how often people can get elected and the procedures for
doing so. Indeed, the whole "Supreme Court stole the election for Bush"
nonsense is nonsense for just that reason: they simply said you can't have a
new election because the constitution says everyone has to vote the same day.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)