POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Switzerland & minarets : Re: Switzerland & minarets Server Time
4 Sep 2024 17:19:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Switzerland & minarets
From: Warp
Date: 2 Dec 2009 12:29:56
Message: <4b16a414@news.povray.org>
Stefan Viljoen <pov### [at] polardcom> wrote:
> I see the Swiss apparently voted 57% "nay" on this.

> And the entire world seems to want to take a crap on them about it...

  Of course the entire world takes a crap on them about it. It's "racism"
and "intolerance".

  Naturally, at the same time prohibiting public display of crucifixes in
Italian schools is not "racism" nor "intolerance" (but in fact, the contrary).

  Democracy and freedom of speech are a bad thing because it allows people
to cast the "wrong" votes and express the "wrong" opinions.

  And this is not just related to multiculturalism. It's related to everything.
For example, the Irish people voted against the European constitution and
everything that would have followed from that. Of course this was the "wrong"
result, and thus unacceptable. What did they do to fix the problem? Easy:
More "education" and a new election. This time it worked: Now the "right"
vote resulted.

  That's a rather efficient (although quite transparent tactic): Keep
organizing new elections until the right answer pops up eventually. This
way the people are fooled into thinking that they actually have a saying
on matters happening to their own country because, after all, they "voted"
for it.

--
                                                          - Warp