POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Awesome. Instant 3D model entry based on a cheap webcam Server Time
5 Sep 2024 05:18:50 EDT (-0400)
  Awesome. Instant 3D model entry based on a cheap webcam (Message 41 to 50 of 54)
<<< Previous 10 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 4 Messages >>>
From: Warp
Subject: Re: Awesome. Instant 3D model entry based on a cheap webcam
Date: 1 Dec 2009 11:11:22
Message: <4b15402a@news.povray.org>
somebody <x### [at] ycom> wrote:
> It's not depth perception that's stronger with one eye (which would be
> absurd).

  Watching a moving 3D scenery which has been projected onto a 2D plane
(such as a computer game or a movie) with one eye *does* give you a stronger
perception of depth than watching it with both eyes. If you don't believe
it, try it. (Give your brain about a minute to adapt.)

  It's not absurd. The brain is quite good at compensating for lack of
stereo vision.

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message