POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Awesome. Instant 3D model entry based on a cheap webcam Server Time
5 Sep 2024 01:19:32 EDT (-0400)
  Awesome. Instant 3D model entry based on a cheap webcam (Message 35 to 44 of 54)
From: Warp
Subject: Re: Awesome. Instant 3D model entry based on a cheap webcam
Date: 30 Nov 2009 18:14:58
Message: <4b1451f2@news.povray.org>
> My point being that even with both eyes open, looking at light projected on
> a 2D flat movie screen, you still have a sense of depth. You know Bruce
> Willis' car is closer than the bad guy's helicopter even if it's a flat
> photo on a flat screen.

  But my point is that with one eye the depth perception will be much
stronger (which is something many people don't know).

  (Of course one could ask, why then don't we always watch movies and
play games with one eye only? It's actually a bit tiring to do that for
a long time. And somehow the picture just isn't as clear as with both
eyes. You can try it.)

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message