POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Awesome. Instant 3D model entry based on a cheap webcam : Re: Awesome. Instant 3D model entry based on a cheap webcam Server Time
5 Sep 2024 03:22:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Awesome. Instant 3D model entry based on a cheap webcam
From: somebody
Date: 1 Dec 2009 06:49:39
Message: <4b1502d3$1@news.povray.org>
news:4b1451f2@news.povray.org...
> > My point being that even with both eyes open, looking at light projected
on
> > a 2D flat movie screen, you still have a sense of depth. You know Bruce
> > Willis' car is closer than the bad guy's helicopter even if it's a flat
> > photo on a flat screen.
>
>   But my point is that with one eye the depth perception will be much
> stronger (which is something many people don't know).

It's not depth perception that's stronger with one eye (which would be
absurd). It's eactly the opposite: For best result watching a *flat* screen,
you do want to eliminate your own depth perception altogether. With two
eyes, you are noticing the actual 3D surface geometry of the screen itself
(especially if your eyes wander or your head is not still) plus a 2D surface
texture. With one eye only, your eye can more easily "replace" the camera
with which the movie was shot.