POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Awesome. Instant 3D model entry based on a cheap webcam : Re: Awesome. Instant 3D model entry based on a cheap webcam Server Time
5 Sep 2024 03:20:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Awesome. Instant 3D model entry based on a cheap webcam
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 30 Nov 2009 18:40:45
Message: <4b1457fd$1@news.povray.org>
On Mon, 30 Nov 2009 11:34:26 -0500, Warp wrote:

>   The lack of depth perception of people who are blind on one eye has
>   been
> greatly exaggerated. People with only one seeing eye have a surprisingly
> good depth perception.

It depends on how long they've been affected by it.  My dad had very poor
peripheral vision and near the end of his life was almost completely
blind in one eye - he had absolutely no depth perception at all
(demonstrated to me several times when I tossed car keys to him and he
could never tell how far away they were).

Those who are affected by such a condition for most of their life,
though, have often adjusted to their circumstances.

Jim